|Extrusion T°||235 – 255 °C|
|Plate T°||80 – 100 °C (adhesive recommended)|
|Enclosure T°||20 °C|
|Nozzle (minimum)||0.5 mm|
|Diameter||1.75 et 2.85 mm +/- 50 µm|
|Density||1,10 g/cm3 (ISO 1183)|
|Water absorption||< 1% (after 24h submersion)|
|Hardness||61 Shore D|
|Charpy (notched)||3.5 kJ/m2 (ISO 179-1eA at 23 °C)|
|HDT B (0.45 MPa)||88 °C (ISO 75-2)|
DocumentationDownload the technical chart Download the security chart
Polypropylene is a semi-rigid material, with high wear and shock resistance, notably used for hinges and components that endure regular flexing. The added carbon fibers makes Nanovia PP more rigid and UV resistant. Humidity proof, it’s perfectly suited for outdoor applications, as well for high stress industral pieces.
Much like polyamide (nylon), polypropylene gradually becomes more flexible with higher temperatures. The carbon fiber composition of Nanovia PP CF limit this phenomenon allowing it to be used for parts that require dimensional control in hot and humid environments.
- Very low water absorption rate
- Good chemical resistance
- UV resistant
- Store Nanovia PP CF in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant.
- In order to guarantee good printing conditions dehydrate Nanovia PP CF at 60 °C for 4 hours or longer. when the spools has been exposed to moisture for an extended period.
- Extrusion temperature : 235 à 255 °C
- Plate temperature : 80 à 100 °C
- In order to protect your equipment we recommend using a nozzle adapted for abrasive materials.
- In the case of bed adhesion issues, it’s recommended to either use a “raft” or a polypropylene bed. The latter can be achieved by applying polypropylene based packing tape to the current bed. In order for the packing tape to not unstick, it’s recommended to lower that bed temperature.
Health and safety
- We recommend printing Nanovia PP CF in a room equipped with air extraction or by using appropriate breathing equipment.
- Standard safety equipment during the post treatment of your prints made with Nanovia PP CF is recommended.
Spools are packed in individual boxes. sous-vide with desiccant. Spools are equipped with both a material traciblity and a production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand.