|Extrusion T°||210 – 230 °C|
|Plate T°||20 – 40 °C|
|Enclosure T°||20 °C|
|Printing Speed||20 – 60 mm/s|
|Diametre||1.75 ou 2.85 mm +/- 50µm|
|Linear weight||2.90 g/m @ Ø 1.75 mm|
7.69 g/m @ Ø 2.85 mm
|Densité||1.20 g/cm3 (ASTM D792)|
|Max usage T°||60 °C|
|% elimination 1H||95.3% (ISO 21702)|
|% elimination 2H||98.7% (ISO 21702)|
|% elimination 4H||99.7% (ISO 21702)|
|% elimination 8H||99.9% (ISO 21702)|
DocumentationDownload the technical chart Download the security chart
With Nanovia Flex VX create virucidal flexible pieces with choch absorbing properties. Specially made with additive fabrication in mind, this filaments is suited for the limitation of biological contaminantes spread, certified ISO 21702:2019.
Nanovia Flex VX virucidal properties allow for the elimination of 95,3% the H1N1 virus, after a contact time of only 1 hour, and close to 100% after 4 hours.
With its powerfull and without any dangers to touch, Nanovia Flex VX is suited for the creation of flexible daily use objects :
- Handles and flexible handle covers
- Antibacterian orthopdic soles
- Touch pads
- Covering of computer equipment
The virucide test has been conducted according to theISO 21702 norm by an independent laboratory in normalized conditions, on a FDM 3D printed test samples using H1H1 Influenza virus
- Certified Virucide norm ISO 21702 on influenza H1N1 (the H1N1 is a shell virus similar to COVID19)
- No risk on contact
- Auto decontamination/ prevents the formation of a biofilm
- Easy to print
- Food safe
- Long term efficiency
The Nanovia VX product range is composed of 2 types of 3D filaments, developed to limit the spread of infectious viruses:
- PLA VX : print daily use objects with ease
- Flex VX: flexible filament, shock and distortion absorbing (soles.…)
These 2 formulas are also available in pellet form for plastic injection.
- We recommend stocking Nanovia Flex VX in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant.
- In order to guarantee good printing conditions dehydrate Nanovia Flex VX at 60 °C for 4 hours or longer, when the spools has been exposed to moisture for an extended period.
Nanovia Flex VX filament can be used on most commercially available 3D printers.
- The filament should be extruded in a range of 210 à 230 ° C.
- A heated bed is required (between 20 et 40 ° C)
- It is not possible to sans Nanovia Flex VX
Health and safety
- Do not apply any paint or coating on pieces printed using Nanovia Flex VX, in order to conserve its virucide properties.
Use biocide products with precaution
Please refer to the safety sheet and the technical data sheet when using Nanovia Flex VX
ANSES N° : 20-07988
Spools are packed in individual boxes, sous-vide with desiccant. Spools are equipped with both a material traciblity and production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand.
Is Nanovia VX certified efficiant avainst the Covid-19 Virus?
Up to today there is no existing ISO validated norm proving the action against the Covid-19 virus. However, the Covid-19 is structured (corona virus) in the same family as the H1N1 virus.
Is its protection longlasting ?
Yes, the active charge of Nanovia VX is present throughout all of the material, allowing the surface to maintain its virucidal properties. It is important to make sure that the surface does not get covered to ensure its efficiency.
Can printed parts be covered by another product (paints, varnish, etc…) ?
No, it’s imperative to keep the surface of the printed parts such as, they cannot be covered with paint or varnish. In order to be efficient the material need to be in direct contact with the pathogen.
Is it really efficiant?
The biological test has been performed within the ISO 21702 norm by a certified independent laboratory on a 3D FDM printed test sample. Nanovia VX virucidal properties conform to the European norms.
How do Nanovia VX virucidal properties work ?
The biocidal active, with a complex copper and silver base, has been specially formulated to be incorporated in the Nanovia VX range. Our patented formulation allows for the presence of the decontamination agent throughout the printed parts and its stability over time.
The active virucidal agent causes a degradation of the virus’ wall by catalysis.
To stay informed about the ongoing development and certification of Nanovia VX, follow our news or subscribe to our newsletter.