|Extrusion T°||250 – 270 °C|
|Plate T°||90 – 110 °C|
|Nozzle||0.5 (>0.4) mm|
|Printing Speed||70 mm/s|
|Diametre||1.75 ou 2.85 mm +/- 50µm m|
|Linear Weight (g/m)||2.51 @ Ø 1.75 6.70 @ Ø 2.85|
Mechanical Properties *
|Density||1.08 g/cm3 (ISO 1183)|
|Tensile Modulus||2700 MPa (ISO 527)|
|Flexual Modulus||2700 MPa (ISO 178)|
|Elong. at Break||10% (ISO 527)|
|Charpy (notched)||5.18 kJ/m2|
|Flammability||HB UL 94 @ 1.6 mm|
|Mean Lenght||251 µm|
|Mono fibre diametre||7 +/- 2 µm|
|Fibres > 100 µm||70%|
|Population||4.37 x E6 units / g of filament|
DocumentationDownload the technical char Download the security chart
Increase your ABS prints mechanical resistance thanks to the carbon fibres in Nanovia ABS CF filament.
This composite based on acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and a population and length of carbon fibers allows for less warping and a better bed adhesion.
Nanovia ABS CF is compatible with most commercially available 3D printers equipped with a heated bed.
- Print lighter projects thanks to the carbon fiber’s low mass
- Increased mechanical resistance
- Better friction and shock resistance
- Low warping during prints
- Les fragile prints compared to native ABS filaments
- Resistant to organic solvents
- Carbon fibres are water resistant
- We recommend stocking Nanovia ABS AF in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant.
- In order to guarantee good printing conditions we recommend that you dehydrate Nanovia ABS CF at 60°c for 4 hours or longer, when the spools has been exposed to moisture for an extended period.
With it’s printing settings close to standard, the Nanovia ABS CF filament can be used on most commercially available 3D printers.
- The filament should be extruded in a range of 250 à 270 ° C.
- A heated bed is required (between 90 et 110 ° C)
- In order to protect your equipment we recommend using a nozzle adapted for abrasive materials such as carbon fibers.
- For an outdoor usage, we recommend that you paint your print or submit them to an anti UV treatment, such as our Nanovia smoothing solution. ABS is sensitive to UV radiation.
Health and safety
- We recommend printing Nanovia ABS CF in a room equipped with air extraction or by using appropriate breathing equipment. Whilst printing ABS produces a VOC derivative of styrene.
- We recommend wearing standard safety equipment (mask, gloves) during the post treatment of your prints made with Nanovia ABS AF.
- The carbon fibres in Nanovia ABS CF are not hazardous, however, due to their small size (especially when sanding) the fibres can cause skin, eye, or breathing irritations, and in some cases allergic reactions.
Spools are packed in individual boxes, sous-vide with desiccant. Spools are equipped with both a material traciblity and a production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand