|Extrusion T°||250 – 270 °C|
|Plate T°||90 – 110 °|
|Nozzle||0.5 ( >0.4 ) mm|
|Printing Speed||60 mm/s|
|Diametre||1.75 or 2.85 mm +/- 50 µm|
|Linear Weight (g/m)||2.4 @ Ø 1.75 7.0 @ Ø 2.85|
|Density||1.05 g/cm3 (ISO 1183)|
|Tensile Modulus||2150 MPa (ISO 527)|
|Flexual Modulus||43 MPa (ISO 178)|
|Elong. at Break||6.6 g / 10 min 220°C / 10,0 kg (ISO 1133)|
|Flammability||HB UL 94 @ 1.6 mm|
|Mean Lenght||215 µm|
|Mono fibre diametre||10 +/- 2 µm|
|Fibres > 100 µm||70%|
|Population||5.0 x E6 units / g of filament|
DocumentationDownload the technical chart Download the security chart
Create aramid fibre reinforced 3D orints that are lighter, more resistant, and easier to print compared to native ABS, thank to Nanovia ABS AF
Specifically researched for additive manufacturing, the population and length of the aramid fibers in this acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) based composite filament is suited for most standard 3D printers.
Thanks to the aramid fibers Nanovia ABS AF allows for excellent 3D printing properties with limited warping and a great bed adhesion.
- Lighter prints compared to native ABS
- Higher mechanical resistances compared to native ABS
- Low warping when printing (even less than with carbon fiber composites)
- Increased resistance to friction and shocks
- A fibre that resists up to 400°C
- A less abrasive fiber compared to carbon and glass
- Can be smoothed with acetone
- Store Nanovia ABS AF in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant.
- In order to guarantee good printing conditions dehydrate Nanovia ABS AF at 60°c for 4 hours or longer, when the spools has been exposed to moisture for an extended period.
With it’s printing settings close to standard, the Nanovia ABS AF filament can be used on most commercially available 3D printers.
- Extrusion temperature : between 250 and 270°C
- Heated bed temperature : between 90 and 110°C
- In order to protect your equipment we recommend using a nozzle adapted for abrasive materials
- For an outdoor usage, we recommend that you paint your print or submit them to an anti UV treatment, such as our Nanovia smoothing solution. Aramdid fibers and ABS are sensitive to UV radiation.
Health and safety
- We recommend printing Nanovia ABS AF in a room equipped with air extraction or by using appropriate breathing equipment. Whilst printing ABS produces a VOC derivative of styrene.
- We recommend wearing standard safety equipment during the post treatment of your prints made with Nanovia ABS AF
Spools are packed in individual boxes, sous-vide with desiccant. Spools are equipped with both a material traciblity and a production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand