|Extrusion T°||190 – 210 °C|
|Plate T°||50 – 60 °C|
|Enclosure T°||20 °C|
|Nozzle||> 0.4 mm|
|Printing Speed||20 – 60 mm/s|
|Diametre||1.75 & 2.85 mm +/- 50µm|
|Linear weight||2.40 @ Ø 1.75 mm|
6.90 @ Ø 2.85 mm
|Density||1.24 g/cm3 (ASTM D792)|
|Young modulus||2315 MPa (ASTM D638)|
|Break resistance||50 MPa (ASTM D638)|
|Elong. at Break||3.50 % (ASTM D638)|
|Charpy notched||1.8 kj/m2 (ISO 179-1eU)|
|HDT||80 – 90°C 0.45MPa (66Psi)|
|% élimination 1H||86,8% (ISO 21702)|
|% élimination 2H||98,7% (ISO 21702)|
|% élimination 4H||99,9% (ISO 21702)|
|% élimination 8H||99,9% (ISO 21702)|
DocumentationDownload the technical chart Download the security chart
Print daily use objects with ease using Nanovia PLA VX, specially designed with additive fabrication in mind. This filament limits the spread and risks of biological contaminants, and is certified ISO 21702:2019.
Nanovia PLA VX’s virucidal properties allow the elimination of 86.8% and 98.7% of the H1N1 virus, respectively after a contact period of 1 and 2 hours.
Thanks to its radical action and safe for skin contact, Nanovia PLA VX is perfectly suited for the fabrication of everyday usage items :
- Protection of handles and rails in public transportation
- Handles (doors, carts, windows, training and sport equipment…)
- Communal home appliances (refrigerators, micro-waves, bin covers …)
- Sanitary : flush button (WC), sink protection
- Buttons (elevators, door bells, light switches…)
- Protection reception areas
- Consumer electronics : keyboards, computer mice, phone hulls
- Pens, tables styluses
The virucide test has been conducted according to theISO 21702 norm by an independent laboratory in normalized conditions, on a FDM 3D printed test samples using H1H1 Influenza virus.
- Certified Virucide norm ISO 21702 on influenza H1N1 (the H1N1 is a shell virus similar to COVID19)
- No risk on contact
- Auto decontamination/ prevents the formation of a biofilm
- Easy to print
- Food safe
- Long term efficiency
The Nanovia VX product range is composed of 2 types of 3D filaments, developed to limit the spread of infectious viruses :
- PLA VX : print daily use objects with ease
- Flex VX: flexible filament, shock and distortion absorbing (soles.…)
These 2 formulas are also available in pellet form for plastic injection.
Poignée de porte en Nanovia VX
Crochet d’ouverture manuelle de poubelle en Nanovia VX
Pince a tiques
Poignée de porte en Nanovia VX
- We recommend stocking Nanovia PLA VX in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant.
Nanovia PLA VX filament can be used on most commercially available 3D printers.
- The filament should be extruded in a range of 190 à 210 °C.
- A heated bed is required (between 50 et 60 °C)
Health and safety
- Do not apply any paint or coating on pieces printed using Nanovia PLA VX, in order to conserve its virucide properties.
Use biocide products with precaution
Please refer to the safety sheet and the technical data sheet when using Nanovia PLA VX
ANSES N° : 20-07988
Spools are packed in individual boxes, sous-vide with desiccant. Spools are equipped with both a material traciblity and a production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand
Is Nanovia VX certified efficiant avainst the Covid-19 Virus?
Up to today there is no existing ISO validated norm proving the action against the Covid-19 virus. However, the Covid-19 is structured (corona virus) in the same family as the H1N1 virus.
Is its protection longlasting ?
Yes, the active charge of Nanovia VX is present throughout all of the material, allowing the surface to maintain its virucidal properties. It is important to make sure that the surface does not get covered to ensure its efficiency.
Can printed parts be covered by another product (paints, varnish, etc…) ?
No, it’s imperative to keep the surface of the printed parts such as, they cannot be covered with paint or varnish. In order to be efficient the material need to be in direct contact with the pathogen.
Is it really efficiant?
The biological test has been performed within the ISO 21702 norm by a certified independent laboratory on a 3D FDM printed test sample. Nanovia VX virucidal properties conform to the European norms.
How do Nanovia VX virucidal properties work ?
The biocidal active, with a complex copper and silver base, has been specially formulated to be incorporated in the Nanovia VX range. Our patented formulation allows for the presence of the decontamination agent throughout the printed parts and its stability over time.
The active virucidal agent causes a degradation of the virus’ wall by catalysis.
To stay informed about the ongoing development and certification of Nanovia VX, follow our news or subscribe to our newsletter.