|Extrusion T°||250 – 270 °C|
|Plate T°||90 – 110 °C|
|Nozzle||0.5 ( >0.4 ) mm|
|Printing speed||60 mm/s|
|Diametre||1.75 or 2.85 mm +/- 50 µm|
|Linear weight (g/m)||2.4 @ Ø 1.75 7.0 @ Ø 2.85|
|Density||1.05 g/cm3 (ISO 1183)|
|Traction modulus||2150 MPa (ISO 527)|
|Flexual modulus||43 MPa (ISO 178)|
|MFR||6.6 g / 10 min 220°C / 10,0 kg (ISO 1133)|
|Charpy (entaillé)||18 kJ/m2 ( ISO 179)|
|VICAT||102 °C (ISO 306/B50)|
|Flammability||HB UL 94 @ 1.6 mm|
|Type||Propriétaire Heterocycle organique|
|Absorption||De 295 à 375 nm|
DocumentationDownload the technical chart Download the security chart
3D print UV resistant project using Nanovia ABS UV.
The acrylonitrile-butadiène-styrène (ABS) based composite filament absorbs and disperses UV radiation in the 295 to 375nm range as heat. Allowing otherwise UV sensitive ABS to be used outdoors.
Due to native ABS’s polymer structure, several chemical functions can be degraded by UV radiation (UV-A and UV-B) and oxygen creating ozone. UV radiation is also able to break and weaken native ABS’s polymer chains by generating free radicals that rearrange ABS’s double cabon bonds and hydrolysing its nitrile functions.
Nanovia ABS UV filament UV absorption and dispersion effect of UV radiation prevents this effect.
- Absorbs and disperses UV radiation between 295 and 375nm into heat
- Prevents the formation of ozone due to UV-A and UV-B radiation
- Prevents ABS’s polymer chains from being ruptured by free radicals
Nanovia ABS UV filament exists in two colours:
- Store Nanovia ABS UV in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant.
- In order to guarantee good printing conditions dehydrate Nanovia ABS UV at 60°c for 4 hours or longer, when the spools has been exposed to moisture for an extended period.
With it’s printing settings close to standard, the Nanovia ABS UVD filament can be used on most commercially available 3D printers.
- Extrusion temperature : between 250 and 270°C
- Heated bed temperature : between 90 and 110°C
Health and safety
- We recommend printing Nanovia ABS UV in a room equipped with air extraction or by using appropriate breathing equipment. Whilst printing ABS produces a VOC derivative of styrene.
- Standard safety equipment during the post treatment of your prints made with Nanovia ABS ESD is recommended.
Spools are packed in individual boxes, sous-vide with desiccant. Spools are equipped with both a material traciblity and a production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand