|Extrusion T°||250 – 270 °C|
|Plate T°||90 – 110 °|
|Nozzle||0.5 ( >0.4 ) mm|
|Printing Speed||60 mm/s|
|Diametre||1.75 or 2.85 mm +/- 50 µm|
|Linear Weight (g/m)||2.4 @ Ø 1.75 7.0 @ Ø 2.85|
|Density||1.05 g/cm3 (ISO 1183)|
|Tensile Modulus||2150 MPa (ISO 527)|
|Flexual Modulus||43 MPa (ISO 178)|
|Elong. at Break||6.6 g / 10 min 220°C / 10,0 kg (ISO 1133)|
|Flammability||HB UL 94 @ 1.6 mm|
|Mean Lenght||215 µm|
|Mono fibre diametre||10 +/- 2 µm|
|Fibres > 100 µm||70%|
|Population||5.0 x E6 Unité / g de filament|
DocumentationDownload the technical chart Download the security chart
Build aramid fibre reinforced pieces that are lighter, more resistant, and easier to print compared to native ABS, thank to Nanovia ABS AF
This composite based on acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and a population and length of aramid fibers has been specifically researched to be compatible with most standards 3D printers.
Thanks to the aramid fibers Nanovia ABS AF allows for excellent printing properties with limited warping and a great bed adhesion.
- Lighter prints compared to native ABS
- Higher mechanical resistances compared to native ABS
- Low warping when printing (even less than with carbon fiber composites)
- Increased resistance to friction and shocks
- A fibre that resists up to 400°C
- A less abrasive fiber compared to carbon and glass
- Can be smoothed with acetone
- Compatible with most 3D printers equipped with a heated bed
- We recommend stocking Nanovia ABS AF in a dry and dark location, if possible with a desiccant. Aramid fibers being hydrophilic
- In order to guarantee good printing conditions we recommend that you dehydrate Nanovia ABS AF at 60°c for 4 hours or longer, when the spools has been exposed to moisture for an extended period.
With it’s printing settings close to standard, the Nanovia ABS AF filament can be used on most commercially available 3D printers.
- The filament should be extruded in a range of 250 à 270 ° C.
- A heated bed is required (between 90 et 110 ° C)
- In order to protect your equipment we recommend using a nozzle adapted for abrasive materials such as aramid fibers.
- For an outdoor usage, we recommend that you paint your print or submit them to an anti UV treatment, such as our Nanovia smoothing solution. Both aramdid fibers and ABS is sensitive to UV radiation.
Health and safety
- We recommend printing Nanovia ABS AF in a room equipped with air extraction or by using appropriate breathing equipment. Whilst printing ABS produces a VOC derivative of styrene.
- We recommend wearing standard safety equipment (mask, gloves) during the post treatment of your prints made with Nanovia ABS AF.
Spools packed in individual boxes, sous-vide with desiccant. Product equipped with material traciblity and production series number.
Other sizes available up to 25kg on demand